Newbie here.Hello nice to meet you.


log in

Advanced search

Message boards : Cafe SETI : Newbie here.Hello nice to meet you.

1 · 2 · Next
Author Message
Profile Rachel
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 13 Apr 02
Posts: 978
Credit: 449,704
RAC: 0
United Kingdom
Message 24561 - Posted: 10 Sep 2004, 14:49:23 UTC

Hello
Just been doing seti@home Boinc for one week.Only started crunching 2 days ago.Have been doing seti@home classic for two years.Had a 333mhz pc with 2.9gb hard drive and 250ram( dont laugh).It was a freebie from work and cost me nothing.It was 8 years old ;-(.It took 24 hours to do one classic wu screensaver version, ouch.Last week I bought a new pc.2.8ghz.80 gb hard drive.520 ram.Pentium 4 processors with Ht.Windows Xp pro second Edition.It can do screensaver clasic in 2 hours and 50 mins.CLI 3.03 in 3 hours and 20 mins( 2 wu's at once) and 3 hours 20 mins for 2 wu's on Boinc seti@home.Also got broadband last week as it was only £3 a month dearer than dial-up. 10x too.Great value I say.

It's just nice having a pc that works.Old one kept locking up and freezing etc.What pc have you got and what are your av times etc?Mine is a Dell.Anyway nice to meet you and have a great weekend

Rach

Profile Petit Soleil
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 Feb 03
Posts: 1497
Credit: 46,577
RAC: 0
Canada
Message 24580 - Posted: 10 Sep 2004, 15:28:50 UTC
Last modified: 10 Sep 2004, 15:46:11 UTC

Bonjour Rachel,

Nice to have you on board !!! I would like to know where your profile picture been taken. I can't put a name of the place but I am sure I've been there before. I also travel a lot. Have a great weekend too.

Friendly
Marc

Profile bjacke
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 14 Apr 02
Posts: 346
Credit: 13,761
RAC: 0
Germany
Message 24588 - Posted: 10 Sep 2004, 15:56:00 UTC

qoute from you profiele

I have been to Cuba,Mexico,Barbados,Dominican,France,Greece,Egypt,South Africa,Corsica,Spain and many other countries.

end quote

You are a real globtrotter :-)). Maybe you can report us about your experiences,... .
Real good to have you here.



The whole is more then the sum of its particles.
Aristoteles
Best wishes from Berlin(52°35'N,13°23'O), Basti
S@h Berkeley's Staff Friends Club © member

Profile Byron Leigh Hatch @ team Carl SaganProject donor
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 5 Jul 99
Posts: 3623
Credit: 11,949,660
RAC: 238
Message 24638 - Posted: 10 Sep 2004, 18:13:58 UTC - in response to Message 24561.
Last modified: 15 Sep 2004, 17:07:55 UTC

Profile Qui-Gon
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 15 May 99
Posts: 2914
Credit: 6,759,441
RAC: 2,059
United States
Message 24749 - Posted: 10 Sep 2004, 21:18:49 UTC

Aloha Rachel,

I notice you have not been to Hawai‘i. We have great beaches, wonderful weather, friendly people and lots of nightlife (shows, clubs, etc.). When you visit us, spend as little time as possible in Waikiki, but do visit the outer Islands--Maui, Kauai and The Big Island (Hawai‘i).

If you get to Maui or the Big Island, there are great places to view the cosmos.

See you soon, Tom

Profile Sir Ulli
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 21 Oct 99
Posts: 2246
Credit: 6,136,250
RAC: 26
Germany
Message 24751 - Posted: 10 Sep 2004, 21:21:37 UTC

Hello rachel

nice to have you here, hope you have fun here as we all.

S@h Berkeley's Staff Friends Club m7 ©

Greetings from Germany NRW
Ulli [/url]

Profile Howard R. Nelson
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 24 Dec 03
Posts: 143
Credit: 170,747
RAC: 0
United States
Message 24767 - Posted: 10 Sep 2004, 21:36:47 UTC

Greetings Rachel & Welcome to the world of BOINC ;-)

Profile Flesh Eating Z0mbie
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 30 May 03
Posts: 7
Credit: 6,599
RAC: 0
United Kingdom
Message 24784 - Posted: 10 Sep 2004, 22:07:06 UTC

Hello & Welcome to SETI on BOINC
Never Knowingley Understood

Profile nick
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 2 Feb 01
Posts: 41
Credit: 2,740,868
RAC: 10
United Kingdom
Message 24854 - Posted: 11 Sep 2004, 0:27:58 UTC

Hello Rachel

Welcome to SETI/BOINC - Nice to see you

Also from the UK







S@h Berkeley's Staff Friends Club ©

Profile Misfit
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 21 Jun 01
Posts: 21790
Credit: 2,510,901
RAC: 0
United States
Message 24905 - Posted: 11 Sep 2004, 2:37:34 UTC
Last modified: 27 Sep 2004, 2:56:52 UTC

Hiya Rachel!

As one of the more bolder members of our quaint little group allow me to say NICE ABS! And I think I know where youre hiding your ab cruncher. :)

Norman Spalding
Volunteer tester
Send message
Joined: 23 Mar 04
Posts: 69
Credit: 292,095
RAC: 0
United States
Message 24955 - Posted: 11 Sep 2004, 4:49:28 UTC - in response to Message 24561.

> Hello
> Just been doing seti@home Boinc for one week.Only started crunching 2 days
> ago.Have been doing seti@home classic for two years.Had a 333mhz pc with 2.9gb
> hard drive and 250ram( dont laugh).It was a freebie from work and cost me
> nothing.It was 8 years old ;-(.It took 24 hours to do one classic wu
> screensaver version, ouch.Last week I bought a new pc.2.8ghz.80 gb hard
> drive.520 ram.Pentium 4 processors with Ht.Windows Xp pro second Edition.It
> can do screensaver clasic in 2 hours and 50 mins.CLI 3.03 in 3 hours and 20
> mins( 2 wu's at once) and 3 hours 20 mins for 2 wu's on Boinc seti@home.Also
> got broadband last week as it was only £3 a month dearer than dial-up. 10x
> too.Great value I say.
>
> It's just nice having a pc that works.Old one kept locking up and freezing
> etc.What pc have you got and what are your av times etc?Mine is a Dell.Anyway
> nice to meet you and have a great weekend
>
> Rach
>
>WOW !!!!!!! The wolves are out tonight. good crunching... Norman

Profile Rachel
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 13 Apr 02
Posts: 978
Credit: 449,704
RAC: 0
United Kingdom
Message 25283 - Posted: 11 Sep 2004, 21:25:45 UTC - in response to Message 24905.

> Hiya Rachel!
>
> As one of the more bolder members of our quaint little group allow me to say
> NICE ABS! And I think I know where youre hiding your ab cruncher. :)
>
> [url=http://planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov/documents/dswmedia/3duniverse.html]
>
>
>

Hello
Glad to be part of this group and look forward to my stats appearing.Hope you are enjoying your weekend?

Rach

Profile Zlartibartfast
Send message
Joined: 22 May 99
Posts: 36
Credit: 64,493
RAC: 0
United States
Message 25381 - Posted: 12 Sep 2004, 3:16:32 UTC
Last modified: 12 Sep 2004, 4:12:35 UTC

Howdy from Tejas aka God's Country

also Icky Icky Fakkang from the Knights Who Say NI!

"Where is my PU-38 Explosive Space Modulator?"

Hey Rach run any CDPN WU's? that'll put the HURT on yer Dell fer shure!

Misfit, I live in Austin TX and I've lived in Claremont CA as well - don't tell me about "Hot as Hades" we invented the heat

Keeep on a Crunchin'!

Profile Misfit
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 21 Jun 01
Posts: 21790
Credit: 2,510,901
RAC: 0
United States
Message 25397 - Posted: 12 Sep 2004, 3:48:50 UTC - in response to Message 25381.
Last modified: 27 Sep 2004, 2:52:38 UTC

> Howdy from Tejas aka God's Country
>
> also Icky Icky Fakkang from the Knights Who Say NI!
>
> "Where is my PU-38 Explosive Space Modulator?"
>
> Hey Rach run any CDPN WU's? that'll put the HURT on yer Dell fer shure!
>
> Misfit, I live in Austin TX and I've lived in Claremont CA as well - don't
> tell me about "Hot as Hades" we invented<a> href="http://home.austin.rr.com/zulugolfhotel/sound_files.1THE_HEAT_recut.mp3">
> the heat[/url]
>
> Keeep on a Crunchin'!
>
>
your link = "The page cannot be found" so I'll just say its hotter here :)
Last Sunday our outside thermometer, which is always shaded, read 110.

Profile Zlartibartfast
Send message
Joined: 22 May 99
Posts: 36
Credit: 64,493
RAC: 0
United States
Message 25400 - Posted: 12 Sep 2004, 4:00:22 UTC - in response to Message 25397.
Last modified: 12 Sep 2004, 4:12:53 UTC

doh! typo:

the heat


> your link = "The page cannot be found" so I'll just say its hotter here :)
> Last Sunday our outside thermometer, which is always shaded, read 110.

yoiks I don't remember ever seeing a temp like that when I live there! kinda like the surface of Venus I reckon

Hey that "Babes..." thread is pretty cool....

Profile Misfit
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 21 Jun 01
Posts: 21790
Credit: 2,510,901
RAC: 0
United States
Message 25407 - Posted: 12 Sep 2004, 4:18:56 UTC - in response to Message 25400.

> doh! typo:
>
> yoiks I don't remember ever seeing a temp like that when I live there! kinda
> like the surface of Venus I reckon
>
And it was a "dry heat" day too. The humidity waited for this weekend.

> Hey that "Babes..." thread is pretty cool....
>
>
One of these days I suspect it'll have the most views in the Cafe forum.
Except for the "sig test" of course, but that doesnt count. :)

Profile Zlartibartfast
Send message
Joined: 22 May 99
Posts: 36
Credit: 64,493
RAC: 0
United States
Message 25408 - Posted: 12 Sep 2004, 4:22:31 UTC - in response to Message 25407.


> And it was a "dry heat" day too. The humidity waited for this weekend.
Hey just get on I-10 headed East and keep going for about a day

Austin has been VERRRRY cool this year
prob'ly the reason ya'll are bakin'

what do you hear about BOINC 5.x? I know 4.05 ate my lunch pretty badly...

Profile Rachel
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 13 Apr 02
Posts: 978
Credit: 449,704
RAC: 0
United Kingdom
Message 25413 - Posted: 12 Sep 2004, 4:38:34 UTC - in response to Message 25408.

>
> > And it was a "dry heat" day too. The humidity waited for this weekend.
> Hey just get on I-10 headed East and keep going for about a day
>
> Austin has been VERRRRY cool this year
> prob'ly the reason ya'll are bakin'
>
> what do you hear about BOINC 5.x? I know 4.05 ate my lunch pretty badly...
>
>


test

http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/stats.php?userID=1344

Profile Rachel
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 13 Apr 02
Posts: 978
Credit: 449,704
RAC: 0
United Kingdom
Message 25416 - Posted: 12 Sep 2004, 4:46:48 UTC - in response to Message 25413.

test





Profile Misfit
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 21 Jun 01
Posts: 21790
Credit: 2,510,901
RAC: 0
United States
Message 25418 - Posted: 12 Sep 2004, 4:53:14 UTC - in response to Message 25416.
Last modified: 12 Sep 2004, 4:54:56 UTC

>
>
>
>
Hiya Rachel.

The format you want to use is:
{img src="http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/stats.php?userID=223&trans=off"}
where
{ = less than arrow
and
} = greater than arrow

1 · 2 · Next

Message boards : Cafe SETI : Newbie here.Hello nice to meet you.

Copyright © 2014 University of California