Get'em while they last! - CLOSED


log in

Advanced search

Message boards : Politics : Get'em while they last! - CLOSED

1 · 2 · 3 · 4 . . . 7 · Next
Author Message
Profile Carl Cuseo
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 18 Jan 02
Posts: 652
Credit: 34,312
RAC: 0
Puerto Rico
Message 25919 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 15:05:56 UTC
Last modified: 13 Sep 2004, 15:18:58 UTC

Hey Kids! - STARTING TODAY!
Due to the US government being tied up with their crusade for the hearts of the muhammadans and with a little help from arms lobbyists, These neat assault weapons can now be purchased in accordance with the law of the land for your bullet spraying enjoyment:

- AK-47 and all models of the Norinco, Mitchell and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs, designed in the former Soviet Union.
-Uzi and Galil, both made by Action Arms Israeli Military Industries.
- TEC-9, TEC-22 and TEC-DC9, manufactured by Intratec.
-SWD M-10, M-11, M-11-9 and M-12. Based on the design of the MAC-10, their full-automatic cousin, these assault pistols are designed to fire many bullets over a wide area in seconds.
- Street Sweeper and Striker 12 and other revolving cylinder semiautomatic shotguns. (GREAT FOR RABBITS AND SPRUCE HENS)
- Beretta AR-70 and SC-70, used by armed forces in a number of countries including Italy, Jordan and Malaysia.
- Colt AR-15, the civilian version of the M-16 rifle that is the U.S. military's standard-issue rifle.
- Weapons manufactured by Fabrique Nationale, the FN-FAL, FN-LAR and FNC. The guns are used by the armed forces of more than 90 countries.
-Steyr AUG, a rifle made in Germany.

IT'S THE LAW- if you are a criminoid you aren't allowed to play with these.
They are legal ONLY for regulated sport hunting and target practice.
Please dont use ILLEGAL conversion kits enabling full automatic firing modes.
Remember- dont take your assault weapons to school and NEVER drink and shoot.
Thanks George- for your continuing assurance to every American that their security is #1 on your 'to do' list.



<img>

Profile Petit Soleil
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 Feb 03
Posts: 1497
Credit: 46,577
RAC: 0
Canada
Message 25929 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 15:40:07 UTC - in response to Message 25919.
Last modified: 13 Sep 2004, 15:41:33 UTC

> Thanks George- for your continuing assurance to every American that their
> security is #1 on your 'to do' list.
>

Yea this is really pathetics. Before playing world police I would start by
looking at what's wrong in my own country...I just can believe after all
his lies and his arogant foreign policies he still has suporters. The hole
world would never understand if he's stays in power. God I wish I was american
so I could vote against him. He even got the american media on his side.
Sorry I had to say it. Since I am not american I guess it's not my business.

Profile keithw1975
Send message
Joined: 10 Dec 99
Posts: 20
Credit: 85,882
RAC: 0
United States
Message 25932 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 15:55:29 UTC
Last modified: 13 Sep 2004, 15:56:57 UTC

That rediculous law is finally gone. What a joke it was. Guns aren't just for sporting purposes, they are for defense against other people.

Cetacean Research Technology
Send message
Joined: 20 May 99
Posts: 5
Credit: 1,407,751
RAC: 414
United States
Message 25935 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 16:12:21 UTC - in response to Message 25932.

> That rediculous law is finally gone. What a joke it was. Guns aren't just for
> sporting purposes, they are for defense against other people.
>

I don't see why anyone would need something as extreme as an AK-47 for defense against another person. Allowing such destructive weapons to be legal only perpetuates the fear that people in our society live in. It's exacty what the powers that be want. When a society is based on fear, its people are very easy to control.
Joseph R. Olson
Cetacean Research Technology

Profile 1202 Program Alarm
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 16 Jun 99
Posts: 231
Credit: 5,000,886
RAC: 8,022
United Kingdom
Message 25936 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 16:14:04 UTC
Last modified: 13 Sep 2004, 16:14:40 UTC

On a more positive note, I did hear that people with a history of serious mental illness will only be allowed to own 5 assault rifles.




Visit Seti.org.uk


SETI News Mailing List


[/url]

Profile Petit Soleil
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 Feb 03
Posts: 1497
Credit: 46,577
RAC: 0
Canada
Message 25938 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 16:14:20 UTC - in response to Message 25935.

> I don't see why anyone would need something as extreme as an AK-47 for defense
> against another person. Allowing such destructive weapons to be legal only
> perpetuates the fear that people in our society live in. It's exacty what the
> powers that be want. When a society is based on fear, its people are very
> easy to control.
> Joseph R. Olson
> Cetacean Research Technology

So true.

Profile Carl Cuseo
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 18 Jan 02
Posts: 652
Credit: 34,312
RAC: 0
Puerto Rico
Message 25995 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 18:11:53 UTC - in response to Message 25932.

> That rediculous law is finally gone. What a joke it was.....


Yessir Keith- you got that right.
Stupid laws have made it damn near impossible for me to defend my property effectively against other people- up to now having to depend on single shot and semi-auto sporting arms meant for killing animals not people.
Hopefully, soon the laws limiting RPG's and claymores for the citizens will be thrown out so an impenetrable perimeter can ring my whole neighborhood- that'll keep'em out.

Profile Petit Soleil
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 Feb 03
Posts: 1497
Credit: 46,577
RAC: 0
Canada
Message 25997 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 18:13:16 UTC - in response to Message 25995.
Last modified: 13 Sep 2004, 19:30:42 UTC

> Yessir Keith- you got that right.
> Stupid laws have made it damn near impossible for me to defend my property
> effectively against other people- up to now having to depend on single shot
> and semi-auto sporting arms meant for killing animals not people.
> Hopefully, soon the laws limiting RPG's and claymores for the citizens will
> be thrown out so an impenetrable perimeter can ring my whole neighborhood-
> that'll keep'em out.

lololol I don't have that problem. I'm having two Leclair tank and one Rafale fighter
jet to defend my self against pick pocket in Paris...

Profile Petit Soleil
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 Feb 03
Posts: 1497
Credit: 46,577
RAC: 0
Canada
Message 26001 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 18:18:11 UTC
Last modified: 13 Sep 2004, 18:20:48 UTC

Oh god this far west cowboys mentalaty is not going to die soon....
Bring 'em ON!

Profile keithw1975
Send message
Joined: 10 Dec 99
Posts: 20
Credit: 85,882
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26031 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 19:35:49 UTC

Well, the law banned weapons because of how they looked, that is rediculous. It made bayonet attachments and flash suppressors on rifles illegal, does that make anyone safer??? It did also ban regular capacity clips in hand guns but only ones made after the law started so you could still buy the pre-ban ones so that didn't do anything either. Well, the reason our founding fathers wanted us well armed was to defend our country and possibly our rights from the government. Several of founding fathers drafted letters stating that it was important that the citizens combined military strength be greater than the federal governments so they could not force the people into submission. Not sure where you guys live but I am pretty sure that wherever it is we can get you all an NRA subscription so you can read their monthly magazines and learn about our laws and how our founding fathers felt about this and many other issues. ;) Oh, and another thing, now during and before the Assault Weapon ban virtually anyone could get a full automatic weapon, you just had to do some paperwork and get fingerprints and a picture taken. Of course no felonies convictions either.

Keith

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26037 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 19:57:54 UTC - in response to Message 26031.
Last modified: 17 Dec 2004, 7:58:17 UTC

Pascal, K G
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 3 Apr 99
Posts: 2343
Credit: 150,491
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26043 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 20:18:34 UTC - in response to Message 25919.

> Hey Kids! - STARTING TODAY!
> Due to the US government being tied up with their crusade for the hearts of
> the muhammadans and with a little help from arms lobbyists, These neat assault
> weapons can now be purchased in accordance with the law of the land for your
> bullet spraying enjoyment:
>
> - AK-47 and all models of the Norinco, Mitchell and Poly Technologies Avtomat
> Kalashnikovs, designed in the former Soviet Union.
> -Uzi and Galil, both made by Action Arms Israeli Military Industries.
> - TEC-9, TEC-22 and TEC-DC9, manufactured by Intratec.
> -SWD M-10, M-11, M-11-9 and M-12. Based on the design of the MAC-10, their
> full-automatic cousin, these assault pistols are designed to fire many bullets
> over a wide area in seconds.
> - Street Sweeper and Striker 12 and other revolving cylinder semiautomatic
> shotguns. (GREAT FOR RABBITS AND SPRUCE HENS)
> - Beretta AR-70 and SC-70, used by armed forces in a number of countries
> including Italy, Jordan and Malaysia.
> - Colt AR-15, the civilian version of the M-16 rifle that is the U.S.
> military's standard-issue rifle.
> - Weapons manufactured by Fabrique Nationale, the FN-FAL, FN-LAR and FNC. The
> guns are used by the armed forces of more than 90 countries.
> -Steyr AUG, a rifle made in Germany.
>
> IT'S THE LAW- if you are a criminoid you aren't allowed to play with these.
> They are legal ONLY for regulated sport hunting and target practice.
> Please dont use ILLEGAL conversion kits enabling full automatic firing modes.
> Remember- dont take your assault weapons to school and NEVER drink and shoot.
>
> Thanks George- for your continuing assurance to every American that their
> security is #1 on your 'to do' list.
>
>
>
> <img>
>

I see you do not know anything about who makes and how law is made in this country, A DEMOCRAT FOR GW BUSH
My name is Pascal and this message has my approval...

It is 10 oclock and do you know what your WUWUs are doing tonight...

Profile Howard R. Nelson
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 24 Dec 03
Posts: 143
Credit: 170,747
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26065 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 21:06:03 UTC

It is 10 oclock and do you know what your WUWUs are doing tonight...

Yep, Getting me & my Single-shot 12gauge another Cert!!!

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26067 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 21:12:53 UTC - in response to Message 26065.
Last modified: 17 Dec 2004, 7:58:40 UTC

Profile Howard R. Nelson
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 24 Dec 03
Posts: 143
Credit: 170,747
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26072 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 21:25:24 UTC - in response to Message 26067.
Last modified: 13 Sep 2004, 21:28:22 UTC

> *** Off topic ***
>
> Mr. Howard R. Nelson:
>
> Having just looked at your profile; I must ask the following:
>
> "How often are you confused with Robbie Coltrane portraying the character
> 'Hagrid' in the Harry Potter movies?".
>
> Regards, while ducking,
> -H. Richard Utzig
>
>

Well Mr. H. Richard Utzig:

Considering I "Watch" between 3 & 8 kids a day... I would have to say, ALL THE TIME!!! ;-)

Now Please stop ducking & start crunching,
How

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26078 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 21:31:30 UTC - in response to Message 26072.
Last modified: 17 Dec 2004, 7:59:14 UTC


Profile Howard R. Nelson
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 24 Dec 03
Posts: 143
Credit: 170,747
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26084 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 21:39:59 UTC - in response to Message 26078.


> Well, Mr. H. R. Nelson, might I suggest a change for your avatar:
>
>
> http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0295297/Ss/0295297/14017.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Coltrane,%20Robbie
>
> Regards, 'chucklingly',
> -H. R. Utzig
>
>

Done & Done!!! Thank's for the link H.R :-)

Profile Carl Cuseo
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 18 Jan 02
Posts: 652
Credit: 34,312
RAC: 0
Puerto Rico
Message 26092 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 22:11:16 UTC - in response to Message 26043.



Yes Mr. Pascal Sir,
You are absolutely correct that I have no idea whatsoever which groups of lawyers and accountants are responsible for laws on the books in the USA. There are so many lawyers and accountants in powerful positions there that I cant keep them straight.

However, I did recently watch the president of the US on the TV and I am very sure I heard him tell the people of the US through his address that he would continue to regard the security of the nations's people as his number one priority should he be re-elected to another term.

There are probably laws that say he cant do anything about assault weapons now cause congress or some lawyers didn't file the papers on time or something. Surely, if the president could keep assault weapons illegal he certainly would. Wouldn't he?

It is understandable with the Ace of Spades and the 51 other Iraqi madmen running loose for so long posing a threat to his constituants back in the states, it might have slipped his mind that today the law would expire that made it illegal to buy assault weapons at the corner sporting goods store.

There seems to be in the US growing groups of people who feel as Keith does that military hardware should be accessible to the general public to defend against the armed forces should the government decide to wrest control of the country from the people. Or to ward off the better armed criminal elements constantly threatening and terrorizing.

In my ignorance of law , history, and government- it's my contention that those who own assault weapons are simply waiting for an excuse to lock,load, and rock&roll. Who would buy a Corvette and not stomp the gas pedal now and then?

I wonder if the average citizen in the US feels safer now that they are legal. Of course criminals have always had access but now there's an Uzi behind the counter at the bakery and the Texaco. I wonder if the average violent criminal feels safer now that he knows the public as well as his criminal adversaries can now use more efficient weaponry against him.

Well, it's still not legal to use them. That's one good thing anyway....cc















Profile keithw1975
Send message
Joined: 10 Dec 99
Posts: 20
Credit: 85,882
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26098 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 22:19:17 UTC

Next you guys are going to be trying to tell me you believe the lies of Michael Moore. LOL I gave him a fair shake out of curiosity and watched a few of his films. Amazingly they weren't what I though at all. Bowling for Columbine for example just showed me that he is someone who can't safely handle a firearm and more importantly that the main message of the whole thing was that he hated the United States. He hated Clinton, and he hates Bush. I just don't see why he doesn't move to Canada since he is always saying how he loves it. Of course I saw a Canadian official trying to distance the country from him. Mr. Moore needs supervision since he seems to be working on an 8th grade level of maturity. Well, if you guys want to get more info instead of just listening to one guy head over to www.packing.org and read their message boards. They will be happy to inform you in a polite manner why this ban was such a bad idea. I never have heard anyone explain why the states that have concealed carry of firearms have much lower crime rates. States like New York, that are very anti-gun have terrible crime. Best example though is London. That H*LL hole is so dangerous I wouldn't even go there. They have crime rates sky rocketing yet they want to ban more guns so that only criminals have them.

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26118 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 22:47:12 UTC - in response to Message 26098.
Last modified: 17 Dec 2004, 7:57:53 UTC

1 · 2 · 3 · 4 . . . 7 · Next

Message boards : Politics : Get'em while they last! - CLOSED

Copyright © 2014 University of California