I am from Finland, small country in EU. Ill live in Kirkkonummi (Churchmoor), i am born in 1975, my occupation is Datanome, but i am at nationalpension (income poor, but manageable), as fun i roleplay, twinker with computers and study religion (christianity).
There are two possibilities: Either we are alone, that puts us to boggling choise to spread thru space... or we are not alone and boggling choise to open dialog with more advanced and not so advanced life.
I have at currently AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8 core, 16 thread desktop munching numbers.
Thoughts about SETI and SETI@home
1. To grab that boggling mark to humanity
2. Well we could still run it even if 100 years have gone, but tech luckily advances and software.
3. Those exoplanets that have water, we should really start looking them more throughly.
4. Any rocky exoplanets, that have methane?
5. Well there was good point, that "they" are evolutionary gone to "machine", but we have not yet proven that it is possible (to have consiousness in computer/machine). I sure hope it would be possible to attain that level of evolutionary step, it may be proven... well in 30 - 50 years, i hope. Until then lets search what we can :D.