|Runnymede College is a private school which offers a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of 2 to 18. The Senior School (11 to 18 years of age) was founded in 1967 and the Junior School in 1987.|
The aims of the School are:
1. To provide an all-round academic, humanistic education to all pupils regardless of their sex, race, religion or nationality. There is no religious education.
2. To help children to maximise their potential, whether intellectual, artistic or physical by expecting high standards and using methods appropriate to achieve this.
Health education is an integral part of the curriculum and also a part of the way of life.
3. To encourage positive social attitudes: respect and consideration for others, of all ages, whether younger children, classmates or teachers, visitors, ancillary staff, secretaries, dining-room staff, groundsmen etc. Good manners and personal cleanliness and appearance are considered very important.
4. To create the conditions of a happy atmosphere we believe that in an unstructured environment children feel insecure. Reasonable discipline is maintained, and the School rules are known to all.
5. The education described above, academic, artistic and sporting, and the civilised atmosphere of the School, help to prepare pupils for adult life. This is supplemented by specific advice about careers and further and higher education.
|Thoughts about SETI and SETI@home|
|Our computers are on all day but are idle at least half that time. SETI@home is a lot more useful than a screensaver and is also used to teach the internet, networks and distributed computing.|
|Your feedback on this profile|
|Recommend this profile for User of the Day:
||I like this profile
|Alert administrators to an offensive profile:
||I do not like this profile