Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
SneakerNET offline processing setup instructions.
1. Copy the application folder for BOINC from an installed machine to your CF/USB drive.
2. Connect the CF/USB drive to a machine that can access the internet and does not have BOINC installed.
3. Connect to project and download wu's.
4. Move CF/USB drive device to off-line machine.
5. Repeat as required.
6. When processed wu's are complete on the off-line machine, connect CF/USB drive to internet machine and upload.
1. In this situation the DATA folder will be the same as the program folder. So if you have D:\BOINC then D:\BOINC\projects\setiathome.berkeley.edu will be the location your the oppt apps & app_info.xml.
2. This will really confuse the stats for the machine you use to upload/download. You will get x number of machines in your computers list that are the same and can not be combined. However, This is a way to process more results for science.