|Thoughts about SETI and SETI@home|
- Age of Universe: about 13.7 billion years.
- Age of Sun: about 4.6 billion years.
- Age of Oldest Earth mineral (detrital zircon): about 4.4 billion years (Western Australia).
- Age of Oldest Earth rocks: about 4.0 billion years (NWT, Canada)
- Age of First Life (Sulphur-based) on Earth: about 3.5 billion years
- Age of First Life (Oxygen-based) on Earth: about 2.2 billion years
- Cumulative Number of Life Forms on Earth: millions, perhaps billions
- Cumulative Number of Life Forms on Earth capable of Generating a SETI signal: one.
- Age of Life Form on Earth capable of Generating a SETI signal: about 60 years.
- Age of Arecibo SETI search: about 11 years, intermittently.
- Percent of Universe Surveyed by SETI search in 11 years: about 0.0000001%.
"You should never bet against anything in science at odds of more than 10-12 to 1".
Ernest Rutherford (b.1871-d.1937); Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1908.
|Your feedback on this profile|
|Recommend this profile for User of the Day:
||I like this profile
|Alert administrators to an offensive profile:
||I do not like this profile
©2018 University of California
SETI@home and Astropulse are funded by grants from the National Science Foundation, NASA, and donations from SETI@home volunteers. AstroPulse is funded in part by the NSF through grant AST-0307956.