|Cross between an alternative metaller dude and a pc and gaming geek :)|
I enjoy Medieval Fantasy and Sci-fi, I have a big interest in Space and hope to see the beginnings of mankinds true entry into Space within my lifetime(like cities, space traders , tourism etc), in the mean time I like putting my two cents towards finding some folks to go meet when we get there.
PC's Currently Running Seti Clients:
1. Main PC: Intel Core i7 D0 920(Overclocked to 3.6Ghz Per Core), Asus P6T Mobo, 6GB OCZ 1600mhz DDR3 RAM, with NVIDIA Palit 480 GTX 1536MB GDDR5 gfx (currently) (upgraded to new 480 GTX :), now if only seti worked on it :( )
2. Main Server: Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition, 4GB DDR2 Ram (soon to be 8GB = 4x2GB), NVIDIA EVGA 9800 GTX Superclocked 512mb GDDR3 gfx, Running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition (x64)
3. Media Centre PC: AMD Phenom I 9850 Black Edition)(AM2+), MSI K9A2N Platinum v2(AM2+) Mobo, 4GB Corsair Dominator X DDR2 1142mhz, Nvidia 240 GT 512mb, Asus Fusion Max Remote (ATX) Case, Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) (working nicely with up to 5000+ avg credit at full pelt)
PC Core's taken out of running recently:
1 VPS Windows Server 2008 (Web Server) (single core of a xeon), due to financial issues cant afford a VPS for now, so this stopped crunching seti a couple of months ago, down to what I have at home now
2. Asus Timeline 5810TG (Intel Core 2 Duo SU9400 1.4 Ghz, 4GB DDR3, 15", 512mb ATI 4330)) (this is just temporary dont fancy running both main pc, and media centre pc and laptop along with all the other electronics running in my main room due to house powerflow issues, so i need to wait till i've upgraded my socket system in the server room so it'll likely pop back in as soon as I've bought a new surge-protected 8 way plug for the server room, which shouldn't be more than a month or two.
Soon to be running Seti again:
N/A for now
Future PC's within next year to be running seti clients:
1. AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition X6 (3.2Ghz)(AM3), MSI K9A2N Platinum v2(AM2+) Mobo, 4GB Corsair Dominator X DDR2 1142mhz, Nvidia 240 GT 512mb, Asus Fusion Max Remote (ATX) Case(this is my media centre pc with it's stage 2 upgrade which I plan to get sometime in 2010, this particular Phenom II is on par with a low i5 in power)
2. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz, 4GB DDR2, 285 GTX (or dx11 equiv) or x2 8800 GTX's(4th pc) (this pc may or may not be built in 2010, depends on how much money I can get in, if it is, it'll likely use the Asus P45 Motherboard I have currently in my main server, and if built will be a dedicated web browser pc, with a pivoted Screen for document reading.
3. Unknown Spec's Replacement MAIN PC 2011-2012
PC's to be taken out of rotation within next 4 years:
Old 3rd PC/xanserver-2(backup server) S939 AMD Opteron 180 Dual-Core, 2GB DDR-400 RAM(4x512), ATI 3850 AGP 512mb DDR3 (avg 500-700 credits) WinServer 2008 R2 Ent Beta(x64)(it'll likely no longer be power efficient to run this pc by then, exact time depends on performance vs my power bills in the future.
PC's retired R.I.P.:
xanserver-3(old main server)Athlon Thunderbird 1.1 Ghz on Windows Server 2008 x86 Ent SP2(formerly Win2003 Ent R2 SP2)(yup it ran for 9 years of 24/7 running and still works fine, quick boot times to, ruddy amazing, retired to preserve for posterity and it cant run seti forever, so best I stop now before it dies)
|Thoughts about SETI and SETI@home|
|Great Project, feels good to be a part of something that could actually achieve its goal|
|Your feedback on this profile|
|Recommend this profile for User of the Day:||I like this profile|
|Alert administrators to an offensive profile:||I do not like this profile||