Joined: 15 Jun 12
I am running Seti@home and i have submitted many results, but when i click statistics it says i have done no work.
John McLeod VII
Joined: 15 Jul 99
The account you are posting with shows that you have completed one task, for which you have been granted credit. You have one in progress. I would hardly call this many tasks. Were you perhaps thinking of a classic account?
The flow for updating the third party stats sites goes as follows:
1) Your computer completes the work on time.
2) Your computer uploads the work.
3) Your computer reports the work before the report deadline.
4) The server waits for your wingmate to report their result. (NOTE that this may be 0 time if the server is waiting for your result if your wingmate was first)
5) The WU is put in the validation queue.
6) The validator pulls it out of the validation queue and validates the result.
7) Your computer, account, and team get credit.
NOTES: If validation fails in step 6, a new task is sent out and the current tasks for the Work Unit are set into state 4.
If you return the work late, you may or may not get credit.
If you return invalid work, you will not get credit.
If the task errors out, you will not get credit.
Typical reasons for invalid work and constant errors:
1) Overly aggressive overclocking.
2) Overheating (caused by overclocking, dust bunnies, or poor cooling design).
©2017 University of California
SETI@home and Astropulse are funded by grants from the National Science Foundation, NASA, and donations from SETI@home volunteers. AstroPulse is funded in part by the NSF through grant AST-0307956.