Joined: 14 Dec 10
OK...I'm dummy. I've been looking around the site and cannot see how to set up the SETI screensaver. Help please.
Dr. Michael T. McEwen
Lt Col, US Army (Ret)
John McLeod VII
Joined: 15 Jul 99
OK, I don't know where you got to.
1) Download the appropriate version of BOINC for your operating system.
2) Install. Note that if you have a Graphics card that might be able to do work for SETI, you should NOT use the protected install.
3) When BOINC runs for the first time, it will bring up a wizard to attach to a project. Select SETI@Home from the list (you can add more projects later).
4) (Optional). Add projects by clicking on the add a project button on the simple view.
5) Set the computation options (Preverences).
6) The actual screen saver (pretty display when you are not using the computer) can be configured by going through the control panel -> Dispaly -> Screen Saver -> BOINC.
©2017 University of California
SETI@home and Astropulse are funded by grants from the National Science Foundation, NASA, and donations from SETI@home volunteers. AstroPulse is funded in part by the NSF through grant AST-0307956.