A little bit of education wouldn't harm anybody.


log in

Advanced search

Message boards : Cafe SETI : A little bit of education wouldn't harm anybody.

Author Message
Profile Liberto [Valencia]
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 24 Jul 01
Posts: 131
Credit: 29,008
RAC: 0
Spain
Message 2612 - Posted: 29 Jun 2004, 12:16:32 UTC

After three long days, without a page, with no server to answer and now with problems unsolved for the finished units, that can not be uploaded, the minimum that we could expect is to have a somewhat type of explanation or excuse or whatever. Do not forget, that if you can do what you are doing is because the thousands and thousands of people around the world that dedicate our time, and money (electricity costs) and the equipments running in a 24 hour to help also get worn out, so as not to receive an answer or explanation from you guys in Seti.
Sorry for my poor English, please do not consider this as an insult (is not). Is just that we are getting a little annoyed about it.
If you were not prepared, do not launch it.
Best regards.

Nemequor
Send message
Joined: 29 Aug 02
Posts: 32
Credit: 19,483
RAC: 0
Finland
Message 2632 - Posted: 29 Jun 2004, 13:19:51 UTC

I'm sure an explanation is going to be given soon. You need to consider the fact that there is a big time difference between you and California, unless you happen to live there ofcourse, so it's night time there now ;) I'm also sure that the people over at Berkeley will do what they can to resolve these issues as soon as possible, but no one can expect them to spend all the time possible watching the servers. People have other things to do aswell... such as... sleeping, maybe? :)

Patience is a virtue!

regards

--J

Profile Liberto [Valencia]
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 24 Jul 01
Posts: 131
Credit: 29,008
RAC: 0
Spain
Message 2795 - Posted: 30 Jun 2004, 13:55:44 UTC - in response to Message 2632.

> I'm sure an explanation is going to be given soon. You need to consider the
> fact that there is a big time difference between you and California, unless
> you happen to live there ofcourse, so it's night time there now ;) I'm also
> sure that the people over at Berkeley will do what they can to resolve these
> issues as soon as possible, but no one can expect them to spend all the time
> possible watching the servers. People have other things to do aswell... such
> as... sleeping, maybe? :)
>
> Patience is a virtue!
>
> regards
>
I am convinced of what you say, and there was no offense intention in my words, but in spite of the nine hours difference between Berkeley and Valencia, you have to consider that it was since last friday June 25, till just about 10 minutes ago, that the first comments appeared.

I repeat, my words were not meant to be offensive, but they do mean that after sleeping (as you say) there are a couple of minutes at coffee brake time to put up a note. Agree?

Respectfully yours.

Liberto.

Message boards : Cafe SETI : A little bit of education wouldn't harm anybody.

Copyright © 2014 University of California