Joined: 3 May 06
Hi, i think there is no automated update when the WU is 100% done. Some team member complained about thiss cause they are abusing their family pc's, :D, and they have to reach out and do a click on the update to see some results done.
Is there a way to automate this?
Admin @ Wild-Space.Net
Project - SETI@Home / SERENDIP
Joined: 9 Apr 02
Workunits are batched together in uploads to make server communications less stressful. This will happen automatically, all you have to do is let BOINC do its job.
Joined: 11 Aug 08
It doesn't need to be done after every single work unit completes. BOINC will automatically update every so often, so nothing needs to be done.
Gateway GT5692 L-f-S Edition
-Phenom X4 9650 CPU
-4GB 667MHz DDR2 RAM
-500GB SATA HD
-Vista x64 SP1
-BOINC 6.2.19 32-bit client
-SSE3 optimized 32-bit apps
John McLeod VII
Joined: 15 Jul 99
Reporting work happens at the first of:
1) 24 hours before deadline
2) COnnect Every X before deadline.
3) Immediately if it is later than either 1 or 2 upon completion of the task.
4) 24 hours after completion.
5) On a trickle up message (CPDN only, I believe).
6) On a trickle down request (not used by any project?)
7) On a server scheduled connection. Used, but I am not certain by which project.
8) On a request for new work.
9) When the user pushes the update button.
©2016 University of California
SETI@home and Astropulse are funded by grants from the National Science Foundation, NASA, and donations from SETI@home volunteers. AstroPulse is funded in part by the NSF through grant AST-0307956.