This has GOT to be a record....!


log in

Advanced search

Message boards : Number crunching : This has GOT to be a record....!

Author Message
Profile Siran d'Vel'nahr
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 23 May 99
Posts: 5661
Credit: 4,309,521
RAC: 2,606
United States
Message 28063 - Posted: 19 Sep 2004, 18:14:29 UTC

I installed BoincLogX v1.11 at 9:30 am (California USA time) yesterday, Sept. 18, 2004. In just under 24 hours, My PC has completed 27 WUs. This has GOT to be a record for a single PC. Ok, ok, a lot of them were around the 4 - 5 minute mark. But still.... I like it! Any other high WU counts out there, on a single PC only? The most I ever did before was about 7 or 8 in 24 hours.

L8R....

---

Rick A. - BOINCing right along now.... It can only get better! </p>
<img><img>

Profile Rachel
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 13 Apr 02
Posts: 978
Credit: 449,704
RAC: 0
United Kingdom
Message 28077 - Posted: 19 Sep 2004, 18:37:20 UTC - in response to Message 28063.

Hello
I just downloaded 4.09 and I am crunching 2 wu's in around 2.45 hours to 3 hours.I am doing about 18 a day.

Profile Siran d'Vel'nahr
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 23 May 99
Posts: 5661
Credit: 4,309,521
RAC: 2,606
United States
Message 28087 - Posted: 19 Sep 2004, 18:54:32 UTC - in response to Message 28077.

> Hello
> I just downloaded 4.09 and I am crunching 2 wu's in around 2.45 hours to 3
> hours.I am doing about 18 a day.
>
>

Hi!
I'm waiting on v4.09. I want to see definitive proof that the dial-up modem problem has been address and fixed. When I was doing "Classic" SETI@Home, I couldn't even get this close. I was doing about 5 per day, at most, but averaged 4.

L8R....

---

Rick A. - BOINCing right along now.... It can only get better! </p>

Profile dazphotog
Send message
Joined: 13 Mar 02
Posts: 73
Credit: 99,224
RAC: 0
United States
Message 28149 - Posted: 19 Sep 2004, 21:20:21 UTC - in response to Message 28087.


> I'm waiting on v4.09. I want to see definitive proof that the dial-up modem
> problem has been address and fixed. When I was doing "Classic" SETI@Home, I
> couldn't even get this close. I was doing about 5 per day, at most, but
> averaged 4.
>
> L8R....
What are you waiting for...I installed 4.09 and I am on dialup, it works exactly as it should, no freezes, even if you are not connected to the internet. 4.08 would completely freeze up the whole computer...the only way to do anything was a CAD.

Don


Profile Siran d'Vel'nahr
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 23 May 99
Posts: 5661
Credit: 4,309,521
RAC: 2,606
United States
Message 28218 - Posted: 20 Sep 2004, 1:01:33 UTC - in response to Message 28149.

>
> > I'm waiting on v4.09. I want to see definitive proof that the dial-up
> modem
> > problem has been address and fixed. When I was doing "Classic"
> SETI@Home, I
> > couldn't even get this close. I was doing about 5 per day, at most, but
> > averaged 4.
> >
> > L8R....
> What are you waiting for...I installed 4.09 and I am on dialup, it works
> exactly as it should, no freezes, even if you are not connected to the
> internet. 4.08 would completely freeze up the whole computer...the only way to
> do anything was a CAD.
>
> Don
>
>

Hey Don,
In v4.05, when BOINC would dial-up and upload finished WUs it would stop the other WUs from processing and after the upload would not restart them even thought there is a message in the "Message" tab saying they were resumed. This is what I want to know is fixed. Right now I disable the network connection and wait until I have a good batch of finished WUs to upload, then make my connection and let BOINC do it's thing. Up until lately it's been too hot during the day to run my PC. As soon as I would fire it up, when I get home, BOINC would dial out and do it's thing. After it's done, I have to shut it down and restart it to get the WUs to process.

If this is fixed in v4.09, then I may as well upgrade to it. If it's not, then I'm going to stick with v4.05 at least until there's a major upgrade required. Can you tell me if this has been fixed?

L8R....

---

Rick A. - BOINCing right along now.... It can only get better! </p>

texasfit
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 11 May 03
Posts: 223
Credit: 500,626
RAC: 0
United States
Message 28246 - Posted: 20 Sep 2004, 3:26:54 UTC - in response to Message 28063.
Last modified: 20 Sep 2004, 3:27:24 UTC

> I installed BoincLogX v1.11 at 9:30 am (California USA time) yesterday, Sept.
> 18, 2004. In just under 24 hours, My PC has completed 27 WUs. This has
> GOT
to be a record for a single PC. Ok, ok, a lot of them were around
> the 4 - 5 minute mark. But still.... I like it! Any other high WU counts
> out there, on a single PC only? The most I ever did before was about 7 or 8
> in 24 hours.
>
> L8R....
>
> ---
>
> Rick A.
>

LOL - Sounds like a bunch of 'No Credit' bad wu's.
----------



Join the Overclockers.com SETI Team!

Profile Everette Dobbins
Send message
Joined: 13 Jan 00
Posts: 263
Credit: 6,102,098
RAC: 0
United States
Message 28248 - Posted: 20 Sep 2004, 3:35:35 UTC - in response to Message 28246.

> > I installed BoincLogX v1.11 at 9:30 am (California USA time) yesterday,
> Sept.
> > 18, 2004. In just under 24 hours, My PC has completed 27 WUs. This has
>
> > GOT
to be a record for a single PC. Ok, ok, a lot of them were
> around
> > the 4 - 5 minute mark. But still.... I like it! Any other high WU
> counts
> > out there, on a single PC only? The most I ever did before was about 7
> or 8
> > in 24 hours.
> >
> > L8R....
> >
> > ---
> >
> > Rick A.
> >
>
> LOL - Sounds like a bunch of 'No Credit' bad wu's.
> ----------

>

Message boards : Number crunching : This has GOT to be a record....!

Copyright © 2014 University of California