Minor problem with account info page.


log in

Advanced search

Message boards : Number crunching : Minor problem with account info page.

Author Message
CyberGoyle
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 2 Jun 99
Posts: 158
Credit: 1,778,837
RAC: 388
United States
Message 27024 - Posted: 16 Sep 2004, 12:50:17 UTC
Last modified: 16 Sep 2004, 12:52:16 UTC

It seems that my account page is no longer counting forums posts. I have posted three comments this morning (4, including this one), but my count hasn't changed. Not a big deal at all, don't really care if my forum activity is tracked at all, but I felt I should mention it so that it can be corrected when convenient. :)


<a>

Profile Siran d'Vel'nahr
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 23 May 99
Posts: 5704
Credit: 4,866,410
RAC: 1,805
United States
Message 27026 - Posted: 16 Sep 2004, 13:00:24 UTC

Yeah, it became a problem when they added the avatar and number of posts under it. The number of posts under the avatar is correct. If you click on the number of posts in your account, all posts after the last count will show up. I checked it out yesterday. I think something got "broke" in the coding when the avatar was added.

L8R....

---

Rick A. - BOINCing right along now.... It can only get better! </p>

Janus
Volunteer developer
Send message
Joined: 4 Dec 01
Posts: 376
Credit: 967,976
RAC: 0
Denmark
Message 27050 - Posted: 16 Sep 2004, 14:53:53 UTC - in response to Message 27026.
Last modified: 16 Sep 2004, 14:54:05 UTC

> Yeah, it became a problem when they added the avatar and number of posts under
> it. The number of posts under the avatar is correct. If you click on the
> number of posts in your account, all posts after the last count will show up.
> I checked it out yesterday. I think something got "broke" in the coding when
> the avatar was added.

Sorry about this, will fix it in the next release.

Profile Siran d'Vel'nahr
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 23 May 99
Posts: 5704
Credit: 4,866,410
RAC: 1,805
United States
Message 27172 - Posted: 17 Sep 2004, 1:09:48 UTC - in response to Message 27050.

> > Yeah, it became a problem when they added the avatar and number of posts
> under
> > it. The number of posts under the avatar is correct. If you click on
> the
> > number of posts in your account, all posts after the last count will show
> up.
> > I checked it out yesterday. I think something got "broke" in the coding
> when
> > the avatar was added.
>
> Sorry about this, will fix it in the next release.
>

Hey, no problem! I can live with this. I'd like to see the dial-up support in the client fixed. If I'm already on line, there's no problem. It's when BOINC has to connect itself where the problem is. When uploading, it stops the running of WUs and won't resume them even though there's a message saying it resumed the processing. In order to get them running, we have to quit BOINC and then restart it. What I do now is disable the network connection until I make my own to the Internet. Then I let BOINC do its uploading, and I do the updates.

L8R....

---

Rick A. - BOINCing right along now.... It can only get better! </p>

Profile mikey
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 Dec 99
Posts: 4215
Credit: 3,474,603
RAC: 0
United States
Message 27208 - Posted: 17 Sep 2004, 3:25:06 UTC - in response to Message 27172.

>
> Hey, no problem! I can live with this. I'd like to see the dial-up support
> in the client fixed. If I'm already on line, there's no problem. It's when
> BOINC has to connect itself where the problem is. When uploading, it stops
> the running of WUs and won't resume them even though there's a message saying
> it resumed the processing. In order to get them running, we have to quit
> BOINC and then restart it. What I do now is disable the network connection
> until I make my own to the Internet. Then I let BOINC do its uploading, and I
> do the updates.
> Rick A.
Have you waited awhile to see if it starts back up again? I saw something in the message groups about the program just waiting awhile before it restarts the actual processing.

Profile Siran d'Vel'nahr
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 23 May 99
Posts: 5704
Credit: 4,866,410
RAC: 1,805
United States
Message 27711 - Posted: 18 Sep 2004, 14:42:55 UTC - in response to Message 27208.

> >
> > Hey, no problem! I can live with this. I'd like to see the dial-up
> support
> > in the client fixed. If I'm already on line, there's no problem. It's
> when
> > BOINC has to connect itself where the problem is. When uploading, it
> stops
> > the running of WUs and won't resume them even though there's a message
> saying
> > it resumed the processing. In order to get them running, we have to
> quit
> > BOINC and then restart it. What I do now is disable the network
> connection
> > until I make my own to the Internet. Then I let BOINC do its uploading,
> and I
> > do the updates.
> > Rick A.
> Have you waited awhile to see if it starts back up again? I saw something in
> the message groups about the program just waiting awhile before it restarts
> the actual processing.
>
>

It has gone for hours without the WUs resuming after connecting to upload. What I do now is disable the network connection and the WUs just crunch away. When I get a decent batch of finished WUs I dial-up and then enable the network connection. After the WUs are uploaded I update to get my credits. When done, I disable the network connection again and wait for the next batch of WUs to finish. Sometimes I will have to wait for downloads to finish too. If you should happen to stop BOINC or shut down the computer, the network connection is enabled by default when starting back up. Kind of frustrating, I believe it should remain disabled since I have the option to enable/disable. If I disable it, it should remain disabled until I re-enable it. [Any dev team members reading this?]

L8R....

---

Rick A. - BOINCing right along now.... It can only get better! </p>

texasfit
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 11 May 03
Posts: 223
Credit: 500,626
RAC: 0
United States
Message 27716 - Posted: 18 Sep 2004, 14:59:25 UTC

True but post count below your name and avator is correct. :-)
----------



Join the Overclockers.com SETI Team!

Message boards : Number crunching : Minor problem with account info page.

Copyright © 2014 University of California