ATTN: Petit Soleil


log in

Advanced search

Message boards : Cafe SETI : ATTN: Petit Soleil

Author Message
Profile Captain Avatar
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 May 99
Posts: 15133
Credit: 516,716
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26136 - Posted: 13 Sep 2004, 23:38:37 UTC
Last modified: 13 Sep 2004, 23:40:40 UTC

Dear Petit Soleil,

I do not want to continue these discussions but I had to chime in on your comments. Petit my dear friend, you would probably not be married to your Beautiful wife if the United States did not defend your country during ww2.

She would have been German and the French Language outlawed! Don't forget the US would be your First Best friend if someone attacked Canada (for what reason I wouldn't know) People in many other countries have no idea what freedom is and still live in the dark ages...

As Far as world police I would rather us do it in the terrorist back yard than ours!

Thanks

Tim


</img>

____________

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26144 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 0:09:33 UTC - in response to Message 26136.

Nope, they would've been speaking Russian as Germany would never have been able to defeat the Soviet Union.

Yes, let's not forget that the only country that has ever attacked Canada is the United States of America, twice, and then did nothing to stop all the Fenian, terrorist, attacks launched from the United States against Canada. Do you really think a Canadian is silly enough to trust the United States to defend us with that historical record and then expect the U.S. to leave after occupying us?

If the French had not helped during the American Revolution, it is highly unlikely that it would have succeeded and you'd be speaking and writing the Queen's English within the United Colonies Of America - part of the British Empire/Commonwealth.

Why do some of you, continuously persist in bring up such moronic politics in a Science Forum? Why are you, as a citzien (I assume your are) of the most powerful country in the world, so insecure?

Go set up your own political forum. Since many sites are using the same PHP message board; I assume it is freely available to download - so set up your own site and keep your politics there and leave these fora to BOINC and/or science topics.

-H. Richard Utzig

Norman Spalding
Volunteer tester
Send message
Joined: 23 Mar 04
Posts: 69
Credit: 292,095
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26152 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 0:37:58 UTC - in response to Message 26136.

> Dear Petit Soleil,
>
> I do not want to continue these discussions but I had to chime in on your
> comments. Petit my dear friend, you would probably not be married to your
> Beautiful wife if the United States did not defend your country during ww2.
>
> She would have been German and the French Language outlawed! Don't forget the
> US would be your First Best friend if someone attacked Canada (for what reason
> I wouldn't know) People in many other countries have no idea what freedom is
> and still live in the dark ages...
>
> As Far as world police I would rather us do it in the terrorist back yard than
> ours!
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim
>
>
> </img>
>
>Tim you said it all...Norman

Profile Captain Avatar
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 May 99
Posts: 15133
Credit: 516,716
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26156 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 0:44:55 UTC - in response to Message 26144.


> "Go set up your own political forum. Since many sites are using the same PHP
> message board; I assume it is freely available to download - so set up your
> own site and keep your politics there and leave these fora to BOINC and/or
> science topics".
>
> -H. Richard Utzig

Dear Richard,

I may disagree with what you say but “I will die to defend your right to say it"

Now this forum is Cafe SETI “Trade stories with other SETI@Home users"

I think it is apropos!

I Respectfully Disagree.

Tim

</img>

____________

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26160 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 0:55:59 UTC - in response to Message 26156.
Last modified: 14 Sep 2004, 0:56:48 UTC

> Dear Richard,
>
> I may disagree with what you say but “I will die to defend your right to
> say it"
>
> Now this forum is Cafe SETI “Trade stories with other SETI@Home users"
>
> I think it is apropos!
>
> I Respectfully Disagree.
>
> Tim

Hmmm, àpropos. Using French when you rant against the French. Well I do not believe this is an appropriate forum for your rants as your comments are bordering on being, if not fully being, rascist.

Why; because the French, like the Canadians, like the Germans, etc.. did not participate in an illegal war in Iraq based on lies spoken by the President of The United States of America and the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom? Where are all the weapons of mass destruction? Where is the proof Iraq had ties to Al Qaeda?

I'm curious, are you one of those now running around ordering 'Freedom Fries' with your hamburgers?

-H. Richard Utzig

Profile Petit Soleil
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 Feb 03
Posts: 1497
Credit: 46,577
RAC: 0
Canada
Message 26168 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 1:18:03 UTC

Dear Tim,

Oh no not this "we saved you durring WWII again" that is totaly Inadmissible.

1) The USA enter the war 3 years after Britains and Canada and it did only after
been attacked by the Japanese.

2) Is it a reason for not listenning good advise by others and to tell europeans
shut your mouth we saved your ass 60 years ago ?

3) Numbers shows really well that the end of the nazis is mainly because of
russians. If the allied were able to liberate France "europe" (The german
headquarters happen to be in France), it is because the russians had defeated
the germans on the est front were the fight were largely harder.

4) I would end this historical part by urging you to read your country history
again, or for the first time. The US would still be a British colony if the French
haven't fight britains on your side for your "liberty"

So who is howing who, and for how many times ?

"She would have been German and the French Language outlawed!"

God what you guys actually learned at school ? For the past 1200 years France
has been in the midle of almost all conflicts in Europe and the French language
is not going to die anytimes soon. It would have survided after WWII without
american help. Don't even doubt that.

Now lets talk about liberty. do you consider US as the brightest beacon
for freedom? It has been before but not anymore. people in Europe has much
more liberties then american. I would would say that the US now is the brightest
beacon for blinded patriotism. What is it that you guys are so proud of your flag.
I was in Miami about a month after 9/11 and honnestly I couldn't stop laughing
at all the cars having dozens of flags on it. It was pathetics.

The problems with USA now is because it still have the biggest army since the end
of the cold war it uses it for it's own political interest. Go arround the world if people
are more affraid of bush or binladen and you will be surprised.

When I watch CNN or other american channel and I ear all the time (evil country, terrorist
civilased world, etc) that makes me laugh. The fact is USA have invaded a country not
for WMD not to remove a dictator, not to rebuilt Irak. It did it to show the world they
have the biggest army to "scarred" the arab world and for a better control over the oil.
If it was for a dictor then what are you waiting for to go liberates half of African country,
China, N.Korea, etc. And By the way how many dictator US supported when it's good for
business? American are just too patriotic and convince that they are the best (onother
country or regime had that feeling too in Europe 60 years ago...). I will tell you a little
story. On the ship I am working we had a communication problem for two days. One
passengers (american) call the radio room very upset and asked "Are the technician
american" like if they were not it was the reason it wasn't working... You would never
ear that from German, French, Norwegian, Canadian, Italian, etc. Do you understand
what I mean. Americans think they have the right to do anything they want because
they have the biggest army and the rest of the world just have enough of this. Well
they are not the best and their way of life is not the best. I will take just one example.
In Europe everybody has right to medical care poor and rich. In France people have 5
weeks per year vacation by the law (US 2) There are more crimes, assault, kidnapping,
viol, agression in the US then all other country together. No your country is not any better
than any other. It has no history, no values appart from money, no culture.

OK you have been attack by terrorist and many innocent people died. I was, like the
rest of the world very shocked. But the fact is you can't fight terrorim with B52 and
cruise missile. France did not want to participate in Irak invasion not because they
hates american or because they are scarred or because they are not your friends.
They refuse it because they new It would turned out very bad and that no army in the
world can imposed their democraty with bomb. Look at Irak now, do you think it was
a good idea ? Don't you think it will become a terrorist land for decades to come ?
If USA was attacked by Sadam they would help. they would even be ready to use their
nukes. But Irak NEVER did anything to american NEVER !!! Invading Iraq was a barbarian
act (just like the abu something prison) that was not justified.

OK I stop here because I am a bit angry and it reflects in my writting.

So please from a Canadian and French friend understand that America is in a period
where it should step back and have a self conscience exam. I would also say that putting
bush in power again won't help the very poor image the US has worldwide at the moment.
Think. think real hard and stop being paranoiac about anti american stuff. America has
many friends, France and Canada are amoung them. It is sometimes good to have advice
from friend and not be selfish. Not agreeing with american policies doesn't mean anti american.

One last thing. Do you really belive american are safer now because you have invaded Irak,
annoyed the world community, etc. Time will tell, I really hope no more innocent will suffer
from terrorim but I am affraid that it won't be the case. your government simply made the
wrong choices.

Kerry is very well respected outside US for he is much more educated then Bush. He speaks
many language (french is one of them) he has a better understanding of the problem USA
is facing at the moment. Thinks twice when you guys will votes in a month ore so. it is
time to replace your Terrorist terrorist terrorist, God bless america. president.

Friendly
Marc



-.-. --.- -.. -..- . - --... ...-- .-.-. -.-

Profile Petit Soleil
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 Feb 03
Posts: 1497
Credit: 46,577
RAC: 0
Canada
Message 26195 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 2:14:08 UTC - in response to Message 26190.

> Hmmm are you sure? Wasnt Germany developing their own nuclear weapons? Strap
> one on to a V2 rocket and they couldve done some serious damage.

For my part I am 100% sure. The russians were already in berlin before the germans
could built a nuke. They were far from being ready building one. So the russians
would have defeated the germans anyway.

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26201 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 2:21:21 UTC - in response to Message 26190.

> Hmmm are you sure? Wasnt Germany developing their own nuclear weapons? Strap
> one on to a V2 rocket and they couldve done some serious damage.

No, Germany wasn't even close to developing an atomic bomb.

An excellent film, which broaches this subject,is: Fat Man & Little Boy.

As well, the manpower drain was much more considerable than what the Soviets had to contend with.

-H. Richard Utzig

Profile Captain Avatar
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 May 99
Posts: 15133
Credit: 516,716
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26202 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 2:28:18 UTC - in response to Message 26168.

Mark,

You are the first European that actually makes some sense and I respect you for it. I believe in Peace and Freedom no matter what culture or country we are from.

I also believe that Europe should clean up their problems and the US should
Clean up its problems. Weather Iraq had WMD or not it was a festering hotbed of terrorism for the whole world. Who was going to clean up that mess? I guaranty the people of Iraq will know what Peace and Freedom is a lot sooner than if we waited for the Arab nations to clean it up.

Enough Said.

May you live in peace...

We can't solve all the crap going on the word in this forum
But we can Shake hands and be friends looking for ET....

Tim

</img>

____________

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26203 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 2:31:23 UTC - in response to Message 26196.

> Let's stop with the bull$hi+ racist accusations.
***Then have people stop spouting them! If some of you Americans can't stop your racist attacks against the French; then don't get upset when people call the 'viewpoints' what they are. Racist!***

> People may feel passionate
> about a certain subject and disagree with the viewpoints of other equally
> passionate people but that doesnt mean that those involved need to resort to
> childish accusations and name calling. There's enough hate in this world as
> it is. We don't need to add to that hate by spreading it around here.
***Exactly so keep politics out of a science forum. Start a separate one for politics and on a separate site where people can rant their pro-American anti-every-one-else-in-the-world-diatribes to their heart's delight - not in an international project like this. Either that or declare Seti a project for Americans only and tell the rest of the world to depart.***

-H. Richard Utzig

Profile Captain Avatar
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 May 99
Posts: 15133
Credit: 516,716
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26205 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 2:36:21 UTC - in response to Message 26196.

Dear Misfit

I was not being racist and for you to bring it up is well childish C#####S##t and not appropriate.


Tim

</img>

____________

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26208 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 2:39:59 UTC - in response to Message 26205.

> Dear Misfit
>
> I was not being racist and for you to bring it up is well childish C#####S##t
> and not appropriate.
>
>
> Tim

Perhaps, Mr. Video, you should learn to read as Misfit's comments were directed to myself.

As for you being racist, if the shoe fits...

-H. Richard Utzig

Profile Captain Avatar
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 May 99
Posts: 15133
Credit: 516,716
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26214 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 2:48:05 UTC - in response to Message 26208.

> > Dear Misfit
> >
> > I was not being racist and for you to bring it up is well childish
> C#####S##t
> > and not appropriate.
> >
> >
> > Tim
>
> Perhaps, Mr. Video, you should learn to read as Misfit's comments were
> directed to myself.
>
> As for you being racist, if the shoe fits...

That was not nice Richard...

My apologies to Misfit...
</img>

____________

Profile Captain Avatar
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 May 99
Posts: 15133
Credit: 516,716
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26215 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 2:49:33 UTC - in response to Message 26213.
Last modified: 14 Sep 2004, 3:01:31 UTC

> > Dear Misfit
> >
> > I was not being racist and for you to bring it up is well childish
> C#####S##t
> > and not appropriate.
> >
> >
> > Tim
>
> TimmAY! I wasnt talking to you. Try
> harder to follow the >quotes
>

Sorry Bud it does get confusing

God bless everyone!

Tim
</img>


EDIT hey I changed my avatar Tahnks Misfit!

____________

Profile Captain Avatar
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 May 99
Posts: 15133
Credit: 516,716
RAC: 0
United States
Message 26216 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 2:49:38 UTC - in response to Message 26213.

> > Dear Misfit
> >
> > I was not being racist and for you to bring it up is well childish
> C#####S##t
> > and not appropriate.
> >
> >
> > Tim
>
> TimmAY! I wasnt talking to you. Try
> harder to follow the >quotes
>

Sorry Bud it does get confusing

God bless everyone!

Tim
</img>

____________

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26220 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 3:09:55 UTC - in response to Message 26211.
Last modified: 14 Sep 2004, 3:32:30 UTC

> Then everyone you dont like because of their view must be racists. Nice to
> see youre full of hate. I've seen more anti-american comments on this site
> than all other countries combined. But thats ok with you, hypocrite. Wake up
> and smell what you're shoveling.
***I have no problem with differing view points. Forget not that this thread was started so as to proclaim American superiority over the French.

Ever thought of attending an anger management course?***

> > ***Exactly so keep politics out of a science forum. Start a separate one
> for
> > politics and on a separate site where people can rant their pro-American
> > anti-every-one-else-in-the-world-diatribes to their heart's delight - not
> in
> > an international project like this. Either that or declare Seti a project
> for
> > Americans only and tell the rest of the world to depart.***
> >
> Listen to yourself. You are so full of hatred for America its pathetic.
***Have you had any schooling? I have no problem with Americans but do have problems with racists and I care not if they are Americans or other nationals.

However, it has always been Americans that start these diatribes - in particular against the French. Why? Because Petit Soleil made a comment about President Bush. Why is it that your vaunted Freedom of Speech only applies to you casting dispersions on the French, Canadians, or any other national of a nation other than the United States just because they have a viewpoint different than yours? The French are grateful for being liberated from the Germans in World War II but it wasn't only the Americans that died in France, but soldiers from the United Kingdom, Canada, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, India, and many others.

However, I am certain the French are highly tired of hearing from an American as to how they rescued them.***

> Hypocracy is just seething from your lips. This is CAFE Seti. What does that
> mean? It means its the catch-all "other" forum. Maybe when this site/project
> is off beta it will be expanded to include a $hi+load of forums. But for now
> anything not involved with science, crunching, or trouble shooting will get
> posted here, so you can just take it like a man.
***What sort of fool are you? A thoroughly childish one! Do what you want as long as you don't write racist beliefs.***

-H. Richard Utzig

Profile Petit Soleil
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 17 Feb 03
Posts: 1497
Credit: 46,577
RAC: 0
Canada
Message 26222 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 3:11:29 UTC

Oh and BTW Canada is going on world hockey champs final. not american...
We would have beat you anyway.

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26230 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 3:46:01 UTC - in response to Message 26225.

> > -H. Richard Utzig
> >
> >
> Instead of plodding thru all your >s and *s I'll just skip to the end and
> tell you to blow it out your pants.

Spoken like the wise man you are not.

-H. Richard Utzig

ChinookFoehn
Send message
Joined: 18 Apr 02
Posts: 462
Credit: 24,039
RAC: 0
Message 26241 - Posted: 14 Sep 2004, 4:08:31 UTC - in response to Message 26239.


> Whatever you say, Hypocrite.

My, my, my. You certainly are getting a rather lot of use of that word. Is it your word of the day?

-H. Richard Utzig

Message boards : Cafe SETI : ATTN: Petit Soleil

Copyright © 2014 University of California