Joined: 7 Jun 99
Ok, I've managed to DL, unzip, change permissions, turn it executable now I have 3 similar problems....
1) I can never get it to recognize the URL for the -update_prefs command... whats the URL? Is it "http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/xxxx" being xxxx your user account? If it is, it ain't working... for me.
2) Beacuse of the above problem I've deleted the files 2ice to get it to DL new prefs file, yet when it does it doesn't follow my settings. I've got it set in the prefs to NOT work when theres computer activity, yet it's always working in 2 different computers. I've configured, general, office, home and school all the same just in case...
3) How do I get it to put the many downloaded files in the same directory as where it''s being launched from? This is where I have it:
I launch it generally by opening terminal, opening a new window, dragging the file into the terminal window to make the path address and then pressing return.
Please take into consideration I'm an absolute nOOb at command line and I've managed so far by searches and RTFM, but I'm really stumped now. Pleasse explain things as if they were for your grandma... or de she do *nix as well?? ;-)
Joined: 18 May 99
1) Use the --show_projects command to get a list of the URLs... your account ID doesn't figure in to the URLs. It's just http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/.
3) Boinc handles putting the downloaded files where it needs them. Only download boinc and then run it from its own directory, it makes all the subdirectories it needs. If you move things around, it might break and/or re-download them...
2) OS X doesn't seem to have any idle or battery monitors currently enabled, so it'll just crunch all the time. I could be wrong about this, of course...
Hope this helps!
©2016 University of California
SETI@home and Astropulse are funded by grants from the National Science Foundation, NASA, and donations from SETI@home volunteers. AstroPulse is funded in part by the NSF through grant AST-0307956.