XML Stats not live?


log in

Advanced search

Message boards : Number crunching : XML Stats not live?

Author Message
Pconfig
Volunteer tester
Send message
Joined: 3 Apr 99
Posts: 4
Credit: 15,294
RAC: 0
Belgium
Message 145 - Posted: 9 Jun 2004, 13:41:24 UTC

If i look in the xml stats there are lots of pages outdated. Like hosts were last updated 08/06/04 that one day. And the teamstats and stuff, ...

Janus
Volunteer developer
Send message
Joined: 4 Dec 01
Posts: 376
Credit: 967,976
RAC: 0
Denmark
Message 147 - Posted: 9 Jun 2004, 14:14:54 UTC - in response to Message 145.

> If i look in the xml stats there are lots of pages outdated. Like hosts were
> last updated 08/06/04 that one day. And the teamstats and stuff, ...

If you go ahead and download one of the XML files, for all the users for instance, you will know why.
Hint: It is 1GB of data - that's HUGE when talking about text-only files.

A sollution to this problem is about to be made. More about this later.

Pconfig
Volunteer tester
Send message
Joined: 3 Apr 99
Posts: 4
Credit: 15,294
RAC: 0
Belgium
Message 148 - Posted: 9 Jun 2004, 14:35:35 UTC

OK Thanks

Oleg Izyumenko
Send message
Joined: 19 May 99
Posts: 1
Credit: 38,786
RAC: 0
Sweden
Message 223 - Posted: 10 Jun 2004, 17:33:58 UTC

Hello,

It's been 24 hours since my first result was sent to server, and there were two more results since then, but I still can't see them neither in "pending" nor in "granted" results in my account. Is the lag is so big? Or is something wrong with my client or account?

- Oleg

Heffed
Volunteer tester
Send message
Joined: 19 Mar 02
Posts: 1856
Credit: 40,736
RAC: 0
United States
Message 225 - Posted: 10 Jun 2004, 19:27:28 UTC - in response to Message 223.

> It's been 24 hours since my first result was sent to server, and there were
> two more results since then, but I still can't see them neither in "pending"
> nor in "granted" results in my account. Is the lag is so big? Or is something
> wrong with my client or account?

Hi Oleg. This portion of the project wasn't intended for release. Just a guess is that so many unintended users took the servers out.

Ordinarily, there can be quite a lag between returned results and granted credit. Pending credits however are usually instant.

John McLeod VII
Volunteer developer
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 15 Jul 99
Posts: 24384
Credit: 519,750
RAC: 37
United States
Message 234 - Posted: 10 Jun 2004, 22:24:42 UTC - in response to Message 225.

> > It's been 24 hours since my first result was sent to server, and there
> were
> > two more results since then, but I still can't see them neither in
> "pending"
> > nor in "granted" results in my account. Is the lag is so big? Or is
> something
> > wrong with my client or account?
>
> Hi Oleg. This portion of the project wasn't intended for release. Just a guess
> is that so many unintended users took the servers out.
>
> Ordinarily, there can be quite a lag between returned results and granted
> credit. Pending credits however are usually instant.
>
Upload is a two part process. The result is uploaded immediately. The report that grants pending credit, and eventually grants credit is uploaded the next time that work is retrieved from that project or about six hours before the result deadline, whichever happens first.
jm7

Profile D.J. Schweitz
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 29 Oct 02
Posts: 157
Credit: 871,078
RAC: 0
United States
Message 252 - Posted: 11 Jun 2004, 4:13:13 UTC - in response to Message 234.


> >
> Upload is a two part process. The result is uploaded immediately. The report
> that grants pending credit, and eventually grants credit is uploaded the next
> time that work is retrieved from that project or about six hours before the
> result deadline, whichever happens first.
> jm7
>

I have noticed that doing a "manual" update from the projects tab, will clear the completed and already reported WU's, rather than waiting until they clear themselves. Though it makes no differance on the "granted" credit elapse time.

<p>
[url=http://www.wwseti.com/][img]http://www.boinc.dk/auto.php?user=95011&project=SAH&input=1071946756 - boincdk&layout=1071946756 - boincdk.jpg[/img]

Profile Keck_Komputers
Volunteer tester
Avatar
Send message
Joined: 4 Jul 99
Posts: 1575
Credit: 1,704,000
RAC: 750
United States
Message 266 - Posted: 11 Jun 2004, 8:38:42 UTC - in response to Message 252.

>
> > >
> > Upload is a two part process. The result is uploaded immediately. The
> report
> > that grants pending credit, and eventually grants credit is uploaded the
> next
> > time that work is retrieved from that project or about six hours before
> the
> > result deadline, whichever happens first.
> > jm7
> >
>
> I have noticed that doing a "manual" update from the projects tab, will clear
> the completed and already reported WU's, rather than waiting until they clear
> themselves. Though it makes no differance on the "granted" credit elapse
> time.
>
Doing a manual update will report workunits. Once work is reported it disappears from the work page. Granting credit will take a long time on this project, in fact I am suprized any has been granted allready. Since there are probably 500,000 workunits and under 2,000 hosts and each workunit needs 2 or 3 copies processed.

Message boards : Number crunching : XML Stats not live?

Copyright © 2014 University of California